By forming a union, workers provide themselves with the opportunity to secure a voice in their workplace and ensure justice on the job. Union members are able to sit down with management as equals and bargain for better workplace conditions. For some, that might be higher wages and better benefits. For others it might be job security or fair treatment. Regardless of your specific needs, the Laborers Local 108 is here to help.
- Earn wages, on average, 27 percent higher than non-union workers.
- Are 54 percent more likely to have pensions provided by their employer.
- Are more likely to have employer-provided health insurance benefits.
- Have greater access to apprenticeships and training opportunities.
LABORERS LOCAL 108 REPRESENTS WORKERS IN THE FOLLOWING INDUSTRIES:
- Waste Collection Drivers and Helpers
- Scrap metal workers
- Heavy equipment operators
- Food service workers
- Warehouse workers
- Professional employees